Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Benefits of Yoga?
There are many benefits of practicing yoga. The following are just some of the physical, emotional, and energetic benefits of doing yoga:
- Body Strength and Stamina
- Greater Flexibility
- Reducing Everyday Aches and Pain
- Rehabilitating and Healing Injuries
- Stress Reduction and Relaxation
- Mental and Emotional Benefits
- Better General Health
What classes do you recommend for someone who is new to yoga?
It all depends on you! If you want to start slow, try a Level 1, Gentle, or Slow Deep Stretch class. If you want more of a challenge, try a Level 1-2 or All Levels class. Either way, let the instructor know you are new to yoga, and don't be afraid to take a break if you need it! Here's a list of good beginner classes.
How often should I practice?
To experience the benefits of yoga, practicing at least twice per week is recommended!
What is "yoga etiquette"?
If you are new to yoga, you'll find that yoga studios are a bit different from a gym or other fitness facilities. Here are some guidelines:
- Arrive on time (classes will be closed 15 minutes after the start time)
- Turn off/silence your phone or other device, or leave them behind (vibrate mode is not silent)
- Check in before class
- Speak softly
- Remove your shoes upon entering yoga room
- Let your teacher know of any injuries or conditions that might affect your yoga practice
- Check with your teacher or other staff if you need adjustments to the room environment (light, fans, heat, etc.) - please don't make these adjustments yourself
- Make space for other students - in your class, and at the end of class when another group is entering
- Put props away neatly
- Don't wear perfume or other strong scents
- Don't come to yoga when sick
- Don't step on another student's mat