Santa Monica Yoga Teacher Training & In-Depth Study
with Nancy Goodstein & Kyra Haglund
plus Jamie Elmer
The Santa Monica Yoga teacher training creates a solid foundation to teach and practice yoga. Whether your intention is to teach or simply to deepen your practice, we invite you to learn, grow, and discover where your path leads.
FREE INFORMATION SESSIONS
Meet our instructors and find out more at one of our free information sessions.
If you can't attend one of these sessions, contact us to set up a personal consultation.
9 Weekend Intensives, September 2016 to March 2017
- September 17-18
- October 8-9
- October 29-30
- November 19-20
- December 10-11
- January 7-8
- January 28-29
- February 25-26
- March 25-26
- Nine weekend intensives with classes Saturday and Sunday all day
- Weekly attendance of at least one regularly scheduled yoga classes (as assigned)
- Scheduled optional group sessions to check in between the weekend intensives
- Reading and homework assignments
Saturday and Sunday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
(with 1 hour lunch break)
- Deepening understanding of yoga asanas and proper form
- The art of teaching and communicating with your students
- Physical adjustments
- Practice teaching
- Awakening understanding of the self: physically, mentally and emotionally
- How to Meditate
- Integrating yoga philosophy into the practice and teaching of yoga
- The Eight Limbs of Yoga
- Yoga Sutras
- Bhagavad Gita
- Chakras, Nadis and the Esoteric Energy System
Open to the public, scheduled within the weekend intensives.
- Anatomy (multi-day workshops) with Jamie Elmer
- Bandha, Drishti and Pranayama: The Path to a Focused Yoga Practice with Nancy Goodstein
- Yoga and the Nervous system with Kyra Haglund
"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild & precious life?"
~ Mary Oliver
Nancy Goodstein has been an Ashtanga and Hatha yoga teacher for 27 years in which time she has taught and traveled around the world in her studies. She is grateful to have had the wonderful teachings of Sri K Pattabhi Jois, Dena Kingsburg, Shari Friedrichson, Alan Finger, Lisa Walford, Erich Schiffmann and more. They have shared their knowledge while encouraging her to find and speak from her own truth. She feels this is the greatest thing she can pass on to her students.
Kyra Haglund, E-RYT, SEP, MSW is a yoga teacher and a clinical social worker based in Los Angeles. She lived and studied holistic arts in both India and Nepal and has been teaching yoga for the past 15 years. Trained in Ashtanga, classical hatha yoga, and somatic therapy, Kyra offers classes that support greater inner balance, self-regulation, and well-being. In addition to the Santa Monica Yoga teacher training, Kyra is also the co-creator of the Trauma Informed Yoga training.
Jamie Elmer teaches the anatomy portion of our training. In her twelfth year as a movement therapist, Jamie utilizes gait therapy, yoga, and Pilates in a method focused on breath, alignment and safety. Jamie travels domestically and internationally working with movement professionals and students at clinics, care centers, yoga studios, and retreat facilities.
Santa Monica Yoga’s 200-hour Teacher Training is registered through Yoga Alliance.
Students who successfully complete the training will receive certification and may register through Yoga Alliance.
Once certified, trainees will be eligible to volunteer to teach specially designated teacher trainee classes on the Santa Monica Yoga schedule. Through this program we are able to provide our graduates with the opportunity to gain real teaching experience and also to provide our community with low-cost yoga classes.
- Early Bird Price by 9/1/16: $2750
- Price after 9/1/16: $3,000
- Price includes a six-month pass for unlimited classes, a $650 value!
- Payment Plan
- A deposit of $350 holds your space in the training, due by 9/1/16
- 6 monthly payments of $400 will be charged to your credit card
FOR MORE INFORMATION & TO APPLY
"I have never made a better choice than to take the Santa Monica Yoga Teacher Training. The skills I have learned to further my practice and better my daily life are incalculable. The teachers are kind, compassionate and have a deep understanding of the practice. The friends I made in the training have become my family and I feel incredibly blessed. Thank you Santa Monica Yoga!"
~ Alecia Weaver (2013)